Australia Australia Australia

Thursday, July 27, 2006

classes have begun!


So, its July, but I've had a week of classes. I'm done for the week, and its only thursday, which is amazing! My first semester of no friday classes, three day weekends here i come. i'm going to job search tomorrow and grocery shop and all that good stuff. I made quiche yesterday, which was exciting. But classes. I'm taking Environmental Psych (which is great!), Contemporary Culture and Everyday Life (also amazing!), Biology of Australian Flora and Fauna (dorky, but I love it...I am my mother's daughter, thats for sure) and Indigenous People and the State (which is boring so far, but has promise). So yeah, i don't have classes on any day before noon, except on Thursday, i start at the early hour of 11. Rought life i'm living here in australia. Not much else to update on, life is still great. Still love my roommate. Still love my friends. Oh, I finished Harry Potter (the 6th one!) which means since i got to australia (3 weeks ago) I've read two HUGE books (harry potter 5 and harry potter 6). Whew, now i'm reading Next of Kin, by Roger Fouts, which is about his work teaching a chimp ASL (sign language) and all about having actual conversations with the chimp, very fascinating (that snippet was for you, bookworm/sister). Hope you're enjoying the pictures. Everyone, email me! Please! I miss you all!

p.s. the picture is of these cool statues of 'business men waiting for the tram' on the corner of Burke & Swanston St. in downtown Melbourne.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home