Australia Australia Australia

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Classes are over!

Well! Its been two weeks since I last posted and since then, classes have ENDED! I still have two papers to write and two final exams, but then I'm done! Its pretty crazy how fast things are wrapping up here, October flew by. We have a week long 'vacation' for studying for exams, so my friends Sarah and Erin and I are going to Sydney from Sunday until Wednesday. We're getting there early early and leaving late, so we'll have a full 4 days, which will be great! From what I've heard, Sydney is AMAZING, so I can't wait!! Since I last posted, we went yachting, had a 21st birthday and the last week of classes, so its been eventful! I'm not sure if I mentioned it but when Claire, Lea and I were in St. Kilda a while ago (which I talk about in the last post), we saw a sign for the yacht club 'open day' and it said you could go on a free ride across Port Phillip Bay...so we called and made a reservation for 10, and voila! done. So! On the 15th we headed down to St. Kilda and went out on 'Spellbound' which was co-owned by a former commador (sp? anyway, head of the yacht club), and his name was Ian. He looked like Walter Matthau (sp?) from Grumpy Old Men. He was a really sweet older man and pretty funny too, so we had a good time! It was a bit cold, and very windy, which was great for an adventure. We rode from St. Kilda across the bay to Williamstown and back. We stayed in St. Kilda for dinner and then headed home. Quite a fun day although we were a bit chilly!
The next weekend was Katies 21st birthday, which was a BLAST. Her parents and CJ (her boyfriend) threw her an amazing party, which was at a bowling alley in the city. The funny thing about bowling here is that its a classy event. Most bowling alleys you have to be over eighteen to get into, and they have a bar, and its really modern and nice and they play music, so its like going to a club...but you bowl instead of dancing...pretty strange compared to what bowling alleys are like in the US! We went out to a nice dinner and then we went bowling and made a night of it!
Well, thats about it for now, I'll post some pictures from the last few weeks. I'll have a LOT to write when I get back from Sydney so I'll keep this post short! Oh, and for those of you who are curious, I'm almost done planning my trip at the end of the semester, which is pretty exciting. I'm going up to the Fraser Coast for a week, which will be amazing. I'll be 5 hours north of Brisbane, so it will be hot hot hot and beautiful! I'm going on this overnight trip which takes you out to a cove which is where hundreds and hundreds of sea turtles come to shore each night in November and December and lay eggs. Its supposed to be amazing, and I'm VERY excited!!! After that I'm going to go out on Fraser Island, which is the largest sand island in the world, and is in the Great Barrier Reef. I'll be on a tour, because I'm travelling alone, and we'll hike and swim in the freshwater lakes and I can't wait!! Anyway, just a little preview of whats to come in my fabulous life in Australia!
I miss you all and hope everyone is doing well! I'll be back in the US in about a month, and in Maine in a month and a half! (I'm taking a two week detour, one week at Pomona and one visiting my sister in St. Paul!). Post comments and send me emails!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home