Australia Australia Australia

Friday, October 13, 2006

me again!

Well, it's technically my weekend now, because it is Thursday night and I don't have classes on friday....but I have a bio assignment due at 1 pm, which is worth 10% of my grade...and I did almost all of it last weekend, and most of the remaining part on tuesday, but there are a few more tweaks I need to make to it, and I just really do'nt feel like doing it, so I thought I would update my blog (this is the best blog week ever for rachel). So...last weekend, Claire, Lea and I headed down to St. Kilda, which is a 40 minute tram ride from our apartment, we have to go down, through the city and then south of it, where we hit the Port Phillip Bay...and the beach! So, St. Kilda is this lovely area with cafes and boutiques and fun places to eat and Luna Park, which is Australias oldest theme park, and a beach! and it was 85 out! So! To the beach we went. We had a lovely day, walking the beach, trying on fun dresses, sitting at the end of the pier, etc etc. As the sun set, we rode the "Scenic Railway" which we waited in line for 40 minutes to ride, and paid $7 for the ride...anyway, its this fun roller coaster which goes around the perimiter of the park, so that was good. After the ride, and some delicious burgers, we headed back to good ole Carlton, stopped back at the apartment to change out of our bathing suits, then ran down to Nova, the amazing independant theatre a block (literally) from our apartment. This theatre is so amazing that it had advance screenings of "Little Miss Sunshine", which I recommend you ALL go see. It was amazingly funny, very quirky, very well written, very very good all around. So. That was our fun Saturday....and enjoy the pictures! (oh, and for those of you who forget...Claire (the one with brown hair) is my roommate, and Lea (red hair) is from Boston...and they are both amazing!)
p.s.- the picture feature won't work...so i'm going to work on my bio for a bit and come back to it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home